Feeling inspired to go on a Marie Kondo-style cleaning binge and restore joy to your life? Here are some quick tips to help as you cut through the clutter and embrace a new minimalist lifestyle.
1. Start by piling all your clothes in the center of the room. Then, try everything on and separate this pile into three sections:
2. Next, go through your beauty products and toss what's expired. Remember, mascara is generally good for three months-no one wants an eye infection!
3. Take a quick 35 minute break to google instructions for a Korean sheet mask at the bottom of your drawer. Don't move on to the next step until you've fully rinsed the snail serum off your fingers.
4. Hey, what ever happened to 3LW? Is the curly haired Latina the same person in DREAM and the Cheetah Girls? Fall down a YouTube rabbit hole of early 2000's pop music.
5. Move on to your books. Which will you reread and which can you donate? Reshelf your sophomore year chemistry textbook that cost more than $200. You may need to reference valence electrons at some point in your public relations job.
6. Spend 20 minutes setting up an ebay account, finding a clean spot of carpet for photos, and posting the unlined, no-refund dress you bought from ModCloth. Obsessively monitor the views/ watching list until you get a bidder.
And, you're done! Pat yourself on the back and enjoy your new streamlined, clutter-free home.